VW Cup S2: Round 7 [03.04.14] - Vitus Parc (National)

Discussion in 'VW Cup S2 (finished)' started by Aaron Channer, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

[IMG]

Date: Thursday 3rd April 2014
    Practice Server: simracingpro.com VWC P
    Race Server: simracingpro.com VWC R
    Track: Vitus Parc (National) - (alternate download)

Practice: Server will be up at least 7 days prior to the event
    Qualifying: 8:00pm BST (20 minutes)
    Warm-up: 8:20pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race (one): 8:25pm BST (25 minutes)
    Race (two): 8:50pm BST (25 minutes)

Rules & regulations:
    Passwords:

EXTRA INFORMATION

If your name is on the entry list you are expected to turn up for the event.
    If you don't, you will be reported as absent. (Absence reports shall be used for reference in any future or current leagues you have entered and may result in you being refused entry into future leagues.)

Entry List:

TBC
  2. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Entry List:
    1. Dan Allinson #99
    2. Nick Ansell #55
    3. Nicolas Béver #8
    4. Zoran Bojbasa #46
    5. Andy Breedon #7
    6. Aaron Channer #13
    7. Bjorn de Haas #60
    8. Murat Erdogdu #77
    9. Jim Flannigan #18
    10. Sébastien Foucart #23
    11. Simon Gardner #51
    12. Adam Holloway #31
    13. Martin Kraaijenbrink #70
    14. Alexandre Novaes #69
    15. Jonas Orfelt #24
    16. Michael Paffett #37
    17. Grégory Pignato #12
    18. Oscar Pink #9
    19. Roger Prikken #88
    20. Neil Rocks #42
    21. Adam Rowledge #5
    22. Marco Sbordoni #40
    23. Chris Shepherd #21
    24. Mika Ukkonen #74
    25. Dariusz Wielgosz #16
  3. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Official results:

[IMG]
    (click on the ↑ images ↓ to see detailed results)
    [IMG]

Clicking on the images above will open a new tab for each of the 2 races. The results pages can be sorted by clicking on the table headers at the top, and also by clicking the headers of the main table.
  4. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Server is up. :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

6. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Well, that was awful!
    Hadn't really been comfortable with the track in practise but I thought I at least had a usable setup. Nope. Came in for a few laps before quali today and I think I might have been quicker driving a dinner table around instead. Felt horrid and some tweaking didn't help much. Qualified a second off Adam's time, and last.

During Race 1 I couldn't put together a consistent lap to save my life. I apologise to Mr Prikken and Mr Ukkonen for my scrappy driving - I was all over the place. As the race went on I found a bit more pace, but never enough. I think the results put me ninth, but that's far more to do with someone going off on the last lap or two, Adam getting DQ'd and more importantly, a bunch of folks not showing up.

Race 2 was somehow worse, and after being involved in a collision at one of the hairpins I found myself with a two second gap that I could reduce but never close and I slowly slipped back, finishing last. Not a good round!

I look forward to making up for this nonsense at the final round.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Murat Erdogdu Licensed Driver

1st race, my computer reset to the desktop when we were at the chicane, when i came back i saw my car was out of the track and i was dropped to the last position. i was very angry with my computer and it lead to more aggressive driving at 2nd race. So i made more mistakes, sorry Roger Prikken for the tap, i lost control there. i was so angry that i lost my concentration, which resulted in getting out of the track a couple of times. i hope it won't happen again.
    Grats to the podium. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  10. Martin Kraaijenbrink Licensed Driver

Qually: not very happy with 10th pos. and not in the 39's with my lap :eek:

Race 1: had a good start, i believe gained 2 places, and the race was nice as well.
    Was on P6 most of the race, closing the gap to 5...
    Then last lap braked a little to late, resulting in a terrible taken corner and with Breedon behind me
    i lost p6, so finished 7th. Race was fun!

Race 2: from 2nd place had a good start, little better then Aaron on pole, but i braked much to early
    for first corner with this low speed :( , Aaron could retake P1 on the outside again, I just could hold on to
    P2 with Breedon on my backseed.
    Then 2nd lap made a good pass on Aaron for P1 at start/finish, but coming to first corner......:( .........:( ..........
    got hit very very hard and had engine failure etc etc .
    ......Out of the race.......
    Didnot even watch replay to see what happened, i will, but not last night, to guttered and dissapointed.

See you all for last race
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Well i enjoyed the event although i have a wheel issue, feels completely different from the other day and had to drive uncomfortably with this.

Q: Well not being happy with the wheel it was impossible to get the 39 previously achieved and was happy in 11th i believe, should have been close up to 4th but there is the races yet...

R1: Not a bad start but not good enough, kept position until first corner and lost a postion being on the outside, kept patient and worked slowely up behind Chan in 8th, many laps came trying to find away to pass or put him off :p and finally slipped past after a small mistake, unlucky mate and a good battle, a push to catch Martin up in 7th but the tyres now starting to fade and had the same problem, but luckily again i was able to pass after Martin felt the pressure :p unlucky mate. 6th from 11th happy days. :)

R2: Starting 3rd and a Good start! Kept position but nearly made it to second after Martin was a bit slow in the corner :eek:, i think that backed the pack up behind us until the end of the lap, someone made a mistake on the entry to the last corner shock horror closed my eyes and got thru safe and sound although few of us had to brake to avoid contact that left the mid pack able to drive up around us, looked to be 3 cars wide into first corner but Nick made the mistake of not sticking to your lines when under braking, carnage prevailed with Martin out the race :( tho this did leave me in first and place the throttle thru the floor i led alot of laps but just didnt have a leading pace, few mistake and twitchyness with the wheel and Seb waved by, now Nico homing in on my rear again tried to hold him of but got my race craft completely wrong, Not the corner for a breedon special cut back :/ good battles and a lovely 3rd with Nick right behind me.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

Nice event for Arhs Team!!

Quali: 2nd place behind my team mate!
    1.38.6 wasn't my best time but its ok :)
    Grats to seb for his pole and his best lap never did before.

Race 1: P2
    Like always i miss my start. Nick was at my right side and chris try to overtake my on the left. Chris touched me a little and i slide on Nick (Sorry mate). I was 2nd behind seb. I closed the gap really slowly. Seb did a great driving without mistake! I had only one chance to made an overtake. I was at his side in sector one at 2-3 laps of the end but i brake to late. Seb took the first place back.
    I crossed the finish line at 1 tenth of my team mate!

It was a great race! So happy to see me and my team mate in battle for the win!!

Race 2: P2
    For once, i took a good start, i overtakes Nick before the T1 but i did a great move and overtake me by the outside!! (Nice one mate!)
    I did a mistake at turn 2, miss my turn... i went on grass and seb overtake me.
    During 4-5 Laps i tried to overtake Oscar. Always at the same corner but he was inside for the next corner. I managed a nice move in first corner to overtake Oscar. I could passed Chris and Nick for the 3th place.
    Nice battle with Andy at 2 laps of the end for the 2nd place. Was really hot :)

Congrats to Seb for his perfect weekend!!! Pole and 2 victories.... What else??? :D

Arhs Team is champion!!!!
    The last race will be decisive for the second place of the driver championship!!! Seb and me only at 2 points!!!
    So happy to race like that with my team mate!! :D
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

It was not a bad event, did not have the ultimate pace for once. Even though I started practice on the day; I had two uninterrupted 2 hour sessions, which has been plenty this season. So although I like the track, I think it was a case of the track not liking my driving style/setup.

Qually - 4th

Race 1 - Was hoping to take the lead after the start going into turn 1 but I think some people have been practicing starts. I got a better start, just not good enough. Whilst we were all bunched up we were all the same pace so I felt confident on maybe winning if I could keep a cool head and not make mistakes. Everyone started battling way too hard and this split us all up and put us back into our respective positions, although I managed to get 3rd. (Still keeping the dream alive of a podium in every race! :) )

Race 2 - 5th (Dream of a podium in every race GONE! Hahaha :D )

On to the season finale!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Official results added to post #3 :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.