VW Cup S2: Round 5 [06.03.14] - Jops Siffert

Discussion in 'VW Cup S2 (finished)' started by Aaron Channer, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

[IMG]

Date: Thursday 6th March 2014
    Practice Server: simracingpro.com VWC P
    Race Server: simracingpro.com VWC R
    Track: Jops Siffert - (alternate download)

Practice: Server is up
    Qualifying: 8:00pm GMT (20 minutes)
    Warm-up: 8:20pm GMT (5 minutes)
    Race (one): 8:25pm GMT (25 minutes)
    Race (two): 8:50pm GMT (25 minutes)

Rules & regulations:
    Passwords:

EXTRA INFORMATION

If your name is on the entry list you are expected to turn up for the event.
    If you don't, you will be reported as absent. (Absence reports shall be used for reference in any future or current leagues you have entered and may result in you being refused entry into future leagues.)

Entry List:
    1. Dan Allinson #99
    2. Nick Ansell #55
    3. Nicolas Béver #8
    4. Andy Breedon #7
    5. Aaron Channer #13
    6. Bjorn de Haas #60
    7. Jim Flannigan #18
    8. Sébastien Foucart #23
    9. Geoffrey Fournier #22 Oscar Hardwick #11 (R)
    10. Simon Gardner #51 Gary Lennon #10 (R)
    11. Adam Holloway #31
    12. Martin Kraaijenbrink #70
    13. Alexandre Novaes #69
    14. Jonas Orfelt #24
    15. Michael Paffett #37
    16. Mário Peixoto #20 Lewis McGlade #78 (R)
    17. Grégory Pignato #12
    18. Oscar Pink #9
    19. Roger Prikken #88
    20. Neil Rocks #42
    21. Adam Rowledge #5
    22. Marco Sbordoni #40 Mike Bell #17 (R)
    23. Chris Shepherd #21
    24. Mika Ukkonen #74
    25. Dariusz Wielgosz #16
    All drivers are required to stay in the race server, after both races, until the 'event results' screen has been displayed.

Reserves
    1. Tommi Ojala #15
    2. Murat Erdogdu #77
    3. Zoran Bojbasa #46
    To all reserve drivers who aim to participate, but aren't on the entry list..
    The practice server will be open for you (simracingpro.com VWC P).
    I will let you know via server chat, a few minutes before qualifying, whether any last minute spaces in the race server are available or not.
  2. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Round 5 Jops Siffert

Official results:

[IMG]
    (click on the ↑ images ↓ to see detailed results)
    [IMG]

Clicking on the images above will open a new tab for each of the 2 races. The results pages can be sorted by clicking on the table headers at the top, and also by clicking the headers of the main table.

Please note: the results tables are made using results text files generated by the server, which can contain errors. If you notice any errors, rest assured that we are aware of them and we will do our utmost to correct them.
  3. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Ah, forgot to post the other day. Seb and I were lapping a couple of days ago and for some reason we were limited to 11 laps only. We were on my server but I see no option and I've changed no options since last race. Hmm....:confused:
  4. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Was only in Q. Not checked other sessions.
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Were you restricted to 11 laps in every session, Chris? I've set up the practice server with the settings used for the event, so that you can forward through to Q, WU & R sessions to test that. I'm afraid I can't get on my rig until later tonight.

EDIT:
    Ah right, maybe the number of laps Q was restricted? If you want to get on the server, I can forward it to Q and you can check it out, please?
  6. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

40 mins later...... Sry, I was lapping. Just switched it all off now but I will jump in server later and test, if someone hasn't by then.
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

No worries, plenty of time to get it sorted. Thanks for noticing it in the first place! :)
  8. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Didn't reach 11 laps in Qually session on SRP server as it's only 20 mins long. I got up to 15 laps in practice session before I decided to skip to Q. So, should be ok...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'll lengthen Q to 60 mins temporarily (just for testing this), stand by...

EDIT: Go again, when you're ready to, mate. :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Ok kool, will test it at some point then, just to see.
  11. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Yep, its the same in Q. Limited to 11 laps.
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Hmm, strange 1. Must be in the track's data, I'd say. Well, if you can't do more than 11 laps in 20 mins, it won't matter, right? Just hope the races aren't restricted. :rolleyes:
  13. Mário Peixoto Licensed Driver

I must say this is a very cool track.:) I had never raced here before, but did a few practice laps yesterday for the first time and it's really cool. I love those fast, sweeping corners. Controlling the Scirocco in such corners is not easy task though, the rear tends to slide way too much, so I end up spinning and crashing every couple of laps.:D
  14. Adam Rowledge Licensed Driver

Well having had my 1st taste of this track tonight I must say what a great track but also very tricky to get right , consistency is going to be key at this track , I have managed to write off many cars tonight & decapitated myself a few times on the grandstands :D , on the whole cracking track
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

Love the scenery on this track:D im paying more attention to the lake and mountains then the actual track hahahah
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Michael Paffett Licensed Driver

My game crashes after it 'initialises' the track.
    Files are in the right place, and track is recognised, and starts to load, but crashes on 'Initialise'...

I'm gonna try some things, and one else had an issue?

Ok, Sorted.
  17. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

to much trouble in turn 1 with brake spikes and huge lock ups!!! My pedals dont work with these cars, thats 1 thing i found out this season.
  18. Sebastien Foucart Licensed Driver

Qualif: 2

Race 1: Finish 2, impossible to get chris, it is too much! I really got hot with nick and nico.

Race2: I followed the pack in front of me, I fought with jonas it was cool. I was 5th and suddenly my joystick is disconnected! F$ù$ù*$K :mad:

Congratulations to Chris who is the best but we all know :p

I will not be there to Okayama surely, I'm training to paris for 4 days.

See you soon friends.
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

P1 - 1st

Q - 1st

Race 1 - 1st

Race 2 - 1st

Thanks for races gentleman and Aaron for hosting. Nice speed race 2 Gregory Pignato, thanks for space in the 3 corner battle we had for 1st place. Was nice. :)
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Adam Holloway Licensed Driver

Q: 16 - Was happy with my time as I had barely any time to practise.

R1: 10 - Got a great start and managed to weave my way to 12th and then took a couple more places when people tangled ahead of me. Had a reasonable gap to manage but Adam would have got me with one more lap as my tyres may as well have been made of teflon by the end of that one.

Aaron after watching the replay I realised that I caught you on T1 on lap 2 or 3. I saw Darius flash up in my left mirror out of nowhere so I moved out wide a bit to give him room and then got a shove and saw a car flipping over behind me. Realised from the replay that what actually happened was that he'd hit the pit wall and shot across the track and I got in your way on the way back onto the racing line so apologies for that I was just trying to give some room to someone ... who wasn't there :/

R2: 12 - Pretty much just went backwards the whole race and only ended up 12th due to problems for people ahead. Got T4 horribly wrong a couple of times and cut the inside of the corner. Changing from driver to pilot with no controls in an instant is scary! Was chasing Roger towards the end after he got past me but my tyres went off again.

Thanks for the races all.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.