VW Cup S2: Round 2 [23.01.14] - Spa Francorchamps

Discussion in 'VW Cup S2 (finished)' started by Aaron Channer, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

[IMG]

Date: Thursday 23rd January 2014
    Practice Server: simracingpro.com VWC P
    Race Server: simracingpro.com VWC R
    Track: Spa Francorchamps 2008

Practice: Server is up
    Qualifying: 8:00pm GMT (20 minutes)
    Warm-up: 8:20pm GMT (5 minutes)
    Race (one): 8:25pm GMT (25 minutes)
    Race (two): 8:50pm GMT (25 minutes)

Rules & regulations:
    Passwords:

EXTRA INFORMATION

If your name is on the entry list you are expected to turn up for the event.
    If you don't, you will be reported as absent. (Absence reports shall be used for reference in any future or current leagues you have entered and may result in you being refused entry into future leagues.)

Entry List:
    1. Dan Allinson #99
    2. Nicolas Béver #8
    3. Andy Breedon #7 Oscar Pink #9 (R)
    4. Aaron Channer #13
    5. Jim Flannigan #18
    6. Sébastien Foucart #23
    7. Geoffrey Fournier #22
    8. James Gahagan #14
    9. Simon Gardner #51
    10. Adam Holloway #31
    11. Aelcio Junior #71 Ethan Bass #52(R)
    12. Martin Kraaijenbrink #70
    13. Alexandre Novaes #69
    14. Jonas Orfelt #24
    15. Michael Paffett #37
    16. Mário Peixoto #20
    17. Grégory Pignato #12
    18. Roger Prikken #88
    19. Loz Reid #33 Bjorn de Haas #60 (R)
    20. Neil Rocks #42
    21. Adam Rowledge #5
    22. Marco Sbordoni #40 Pedro Ferreirinha #27 (R) Michael van Scheppingen #72 (R)
    23. Chris Shepherd #21
    24. Mika Ukkonen #74 Nick Ansell #55 (R)
    25. Dariusz Wielgosz #16
    All drivers are required to stay in the race server, after both races, until the 'event results' screen has been displayed.

Reserves
    1. Mike Bell #17
    2. Lewis McGlade #78
    3. Gary Lennon #10
    4. Oscar Hardwick #11
    5. Tommi Ojala #15
    To all reserve drivers who aim to participate, but aren't on the entry list.. The practice server will be open for you (simracingpro.com VWC P).
    I will let you know via server chat, a few minutes before qualifying, whether any last minute spaces in the race server are available or not.

If your name is highlighted in orange, you have a penalty and must only complete 1 timed lap in qualifying.
  2. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Provisional results:

[IMG]
    (click on the ↑ images ↓ to see detailed results)
    [IMG]

Clicking on the images above will open a new tab for each of the 2 races. The results pages can be sorted by clicking on the table headers at the top, and also by clicking the headers of the main table.

All results are provisional until made official by race control.

Please note: the results tables are made using results text files generated by the server, which can contain errors. If you notice any errors, rest assured that we are aware of them and we will do our utmost to correct them.
  3. Ethan Bass Licensed Driver

Is that reserve list accurate?

Would've thought having been on the grid for Watkins and getting two top 8 finishes would change that.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

Sorry for this "hors sujet" but practicing on this track make me remember my race this year at Spa for the 25 hours Funcup. It was my first race @ Spa and in this car! Here the best moment of my race onboard (Start P47 and back P14 after my first relay - 1h)
    Sweet remember :rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Yes Ethan it's accurate. Reserves are reserves because they signed up after the league was full. 25 League drivers are chosen on a first come first served basis.
    A reserve becomes a permenant league driver when 1 of the other permenant league drivers leaves, or is kicked out of the league.

EDIT: Check out the no-shows from Watkins. Any who fail to show without report twice, are removed from the league.
    May well work out that you become a permanent league driver after next thurs.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Nice Nico, and not off-topic at all. I have shown that vid to several friends, one in particular took his Caterham to Spa on a track day and used your vid to learn the circuit! :)
  7. Nicolas Béver Licensed Driver

Really Rob!!?? Thank you mate :D
    A friend took another video of me @ Croix en ternois this time to learn the track too!!! Haha it's crazy :)
  8. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Practice server is up. :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Sebastien Foucart Licensed Driver

Hi, tomorrow I finished work at 20:30. I'll be there for Qualifications.
    Leave me a place on the server to win again chris. :):p
    Thx Aaron.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

Sebastien, is that 20.30gmt?
  11. Sebastien Foucart Licensed Driver

12. Mário Peixoto Licensed Driver

I haven't practised for this one yet and I will arrive home later than usual, but expect me to be on the server before qualify starts. :) With some luck along the way I might even get some 30 minutes of practice.:D
  13. Geoffrey Fournier Licensed Driver

I'm currently download an update of STCC II. Just to say you that my steam ID will be: phil47350 until i have a new pc...
    This is my dad's account but he let me play on his account to make the league.
  14. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

i have to say its a joke that you have one timed lap and just presse ecs if you not up i did 1 lap cant say the same for others
  15. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

first race i was 14th
    second race i got hit by the start but could manage it trough the first corner.
    Then when we came to les combes my car just broke away out of nowhere and i spun the car.( i think damage after the hard hit at start)
    Then i made a big big big stupid mistake by coming back on track and Adam could not avoid me so because of my stupid mistake
    i ruined his race as well. So im sorry there and i take all responsibilty of that one!
  16. Michael Paffett Licensed Driver

Pretty uneventful race for me. :p
    I apologise to the person I collided with at the start of quali!
    It is interesting to see other people race, and fairly obvious how much of an effect a good setup has.
    Cheers all.
  17. Simon Gardner Licensed Driver

Not the best of results, not on the pace and I crashed running 11th in race 1 all by myself but race 2 was fun with some good clean fighting, not fast but entertaining at least. The setup I tried for race 2 didn't really work, it seemed good over the first half of the lap but then understeering like crazy in the second half.
    Well done to the winners, shame about the crashing on lap one its a bit tedious for those who have practiced and its all over after 30 seconds.
  18. Dan Allinson Licensed Driver

Haha that was me. I was like she ite what is this guy doing. No probs though I went back to the garage to get a fresh car.

19. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

well well I found my self with a penalty off one hot lap in quali, for cutting in last race. I liked that rule thought that is was a good idea, but after having done my "hot" lap with a small mistake, i ended 13 i think. Just to found out that is was ook to press esc if you made a mistake and try Again. pardon my french but "WTF" thats not a penalty, then what is the point.

Races went ok first mych better that the second , p6 and p9 after having been put in the gravle one lap one.
  20. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Interesting races. Firstly - both MWM cars made it to the end of the first race! So nice to not have your fuel definitely sabotaged which is definitely what definitely happened last time, for definite.

I think we can add Spa to the list of 'tracks that I love but am hopeless at'. I don't know what happened in qualifying, but I was over a second off my previous best (which would still have been seconds off the lead pace). I was out to try and change that, but unfortunately I was caught by a Mr Impatient, and had to leap off the road to avoid colliding with him. I don't like to complain, but I do think there is a bit of respect necessary on track, especially if you decide to overtake on the fastest corner. Yes, I'm slow - but if you want to get past me, it is still up to you to do so safely. If I have to use the run-off to avoid a crash, you failed at that.

Ah, well I probably wouldn't have quite beaten the pole time anyway :) It's the principle that I am trying to defend, not my chances of P1...

Race one. Some madness at the start, got through unscathed (I have a lovely memory of myself and Mr Rowledge both passing an upside-down car after Eau Rouge, one of us on either side...). Still more cars off further into the lap - lifted as soon as I saw tyre smoke and that gave me just enough time to miss a sliding car ahead (157 in the replay, if you like). Anyway, the race went more or less as expected until a few laps before the end when my tyres bought a scratchcard and won tickets to see a play on Broadway. So they left me to it, struggling for traction and eventually finishing 11 seconds down on the next car. Not as bad as running out of fuel - but not great.

Race two. Some madness at the start, got through unscathed. Things happen. I am in 12th for some reason for a bit. At some stage I see someone (they may have been recently described as Impatient) make the kind of rejoin you should make if you want your racing license taken away, cut up, burned and fed to a team of award-winning rabbits. Somehow everyone in the little pack I was in misses him. I think the replay number is about 330, if your favourite TV show has yet to start.
    Anyway - more things happened and I was 14th. Then I managed to lose 4 places in two corners, which was not the best thing that has ever happened in a corner for me.
    I'm making this all sound very unpleasant. I actually enjoyed both races for the most part, though the battling was less intense and less frequent than at Watkins, and usually ended due to my own foolishness.

I have a long way to come.

Anyhow, congrats to the winners, thanks to the organisers, and good luck to those looking at penalties (I actually went over the line a couple of times - I expect to feature in the list. I did lift off on the occasions where I thought I had gained, though).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.