[Sep 7, 2013] F1 1991 @ Pacific Grand Prix 1991-2 (Aida 90's)

Discussion in 'rFactor 1 - Events' started by Jonatan Åcerclinth, Aug 28, 2013.

F1 1991 @ Japanese Grand Prix 1991-2
Aida 90's
Start Date: Sep 7, 2013 06:00 PM
End Date: Sep 7, 2013 08:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Practice: 1800 BST
    Qualifying: 1900 BST (12 Laps Maximum)
    Warm-Up: 1920 BST
    Race: 1925 BST (22 Laps)
    End of event (Approximately): 2000 BST

Server Settings
    Server Name: simracingpro.com F1 1991
    Mod: F1 1991 League Edition V2.1: speedy.sh/z7z3F/F1-1991-LE-2.1.rar
    Track: TIAida 1.01: www.mediafire.com/download/yi5oimzzt4z/TIAida_V101.rar
    Flag Rules: Black Only
    Fuel Usage: Normal
    Tire Usage: Normal
    Mechanical Failures: Normal
    Type of Start: Standing with Formation Lap
    Damage Multipler: 75%
    In-Game Race Start Time: 13:00
    Race Time Scale: Normal
    Fixed Setups: No
    Fixed Upgrades: No

Game Assists
    Traction Control: Allowed - Medium
    Auto Clutch: Allowed
    Anti-Lock Braking: Disallowed
    Stability Control: Disallowed
    Auto Shifting: Disallowed
    Steering Help: Disallowed
    Braking Help: Disallowed
    Invulnerability: Disallowed
    Auto Pit Stop: Disallowed
    Opposite Lock: Disallowed
    Spin Recovery: Disallowed

Other Notes
    - You must be a licensed member to take part in this event.
    - Be very careful on the opening lap. Brake very early to avoid other cars as you will have cold brakes and cold tyres.
    - The main Funnel points on this track will be Turn 1 and 2. After that it should have panned out into single line.
    - You can find the SRP Teamspeak details: www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/ts-password.36/
    - SRP Racing Rules: www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/general-rules-regulations.682/
    See you on track!
  2. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Entry List:

To join this event, post a comment below with an intention to race.

1. Jonatan Åcerclinth
    2. Marcus Dillon

Reserves

3. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

I'll be there :)

Server is UP! :D
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'm booked for this date already; my Mother-in-law will be 80 years old and there's a big party planned. Sorry about that, J.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Thanks for letting us know and it's nothing to say sorry for :)

I hope that you'll enjoy the party and send a happy birthday from, I'm sure everyone agrees, all of us here at SRP :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

We could of course move this event to another day like Friday the 6th but because I don't know for sure what my schedule in school looks like yet I can't be sure I'll be able to be there for the event :oops:

Or to the Monday 9th or the weekend afterwards on that Saturday or Sunday :)
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Nah, don't start moving events for just one potential sign-up, the chances are that others who can make the current date can't make the new one. :rolleyes:
  8. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Can't update the opening post, here is the Mod download link that I just updated:

speedy.sh/z7z3F/F1-1991-LE-2.1.rar
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well it looks a bit messy, but it's possible to circumvent "the error". See what I did?
  10. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Ah, so that is the way to keep the server from having to overwork :confused:

Thanks for letting me know Rob, will do it this way next time :)
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

It's not really overworked, certainly not by anything we're doing. Long story short: when this error occurs, you can get around it by removing the http:// from any link you post, and you have to paste the link itself, not embed it into a piece of text.
    If some text begins with the 3 w's it will be automatically converted to a link. if there are no w's it will remain plain text...another good reason not use speedy share! :D
  12. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Problem is that I don't have any other upload site that I can upload to at the moment but I'll have a look at that :)

And thanks for the information and letting me know how to work around it :)
  13. Andy Reed Licensed Driver

u cud try to use Dropbox? sometimes that can be easyeir to use. and u can control it more too :)
  14. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes Andy, that's true if you have plenty of space. Unfortunately the free service limits your space. When I first installed it, I sent emails to my secondary accounts and accepted them on several PCs in the house, but you soon run out of those!
    • List
  15. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

I've tried DropBox but I couldn't make out how it worked so gave up after 3 weeks of trying to understand it so unfortuantely that is out for that reason only :(

Will be looking into possibly using MediaFire during the weekend as I have more school tomorrow but hopefully I'll have some free time during the weekend :)
  16. April Dillon Licensed Driver

Should be fun to take these cars for another spin. :)

I just got home from Sweden, and am itching to get back behind the wheel! Never driven this track before. But I'm fine with moving the data too, if that'd help in any way. :)
  17. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Great to hear Marcus :)

What do you say Rob, still don't want to move the date a snitch?
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I think I'll be leaving on Friday 6th and returning Sunday, but I've got Porsches on Sunday.
    • List
  19. April Dillon Licensed Driver

I didn't recognize the track name. It's Okayama! Great circuit! :)

I also haven't driven this car in ages. Firs time back in it with one of my old setups, and my first thought was "Woa, so much understeer" despite having detached the front anti-roll bar... Hm! I think my driving's evolved a lot in rF2. Sorta feel like it mightn't be long before my last drive in rF1! :eek:
  20. April Dillon Licensed Driver

Felt like a blast from the past for me, it's been so long since I drove these cars. Was great fun! Nothing quite like the noise they make! :) Thanks for a pleasant evening, Jonatan!
  21. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Thank you very much Marcus for showing up and making this another memorable F1'91 event :)

Sorry for cutting the after race chat short, alt-tabbed to have a quick look and it crashed my rF :confused:

Was great good fun and a really good track. :)

Or at least it was until my right foot, after running around on a referee course for most of the day and then racing, started cramping so I couldn't keep the car under enough control :eek: