[Oct 20th, 2013] SRP PMSC S1 - Round 3 (Valencia)

Discussion in 'PMSC Season 1 (finished)' started by Andreas Löffler, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

[IMG]Server name: simracingpro.COM PMSC server is: ONLINE

Training 1: 30 min [20:00 CET = 18:00 GMT]
    Training 2: 10 min (Top 10 from training 1 allowed to take part) [20:30 CET = 18:30 GMT]
    Qualifying: 5 min (Top 5 from training 2 allowed to take part) [20:40 CET = 18:40 GMT]
    Warm Up: 5 min [20:45 CET = 18:45 GMT]

Race 1 – standing start: distance around 90-100 km [20:50 CET = 18:50 GMT]
    NO pitstop required ↑

Race 2* – standing start: distance around 9o-100 km (with P1-P8 in reversed order) [about 21:30 CET = 19:30 GMT]
    *ONE pit stop is mandatory with at least two wheels changed. ↑

Server password: Passwords

Racing rules: Rules & regulations

↓ IMPORTANT ↓

Extract the files to your RACE07 folder.
    If you don't install the skins, you will see Lacettis instead of Porsches,
    and/or the game may boot you from the server.

NB: The server will be shut down a few minutes before the event starts so that we can restart it with the event settings.
  2. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

PMSC Formation Round 3:

• Server 1
    1. #43 Miguel Neto - AVL
    2. #44 Hugo Barbosa - AVL
    3. #21 Andreas Löffler - The Black Rebels team GER
    4. #22 Tobias Tannreuther - The Black Rebels team GER
    5. #77 Tony Matthews - BlueBull Racing
    6. #74 Jakob de Boer - FDR Bullet
    7. #75 Hugo Hekkenberg - FDR Bullet
    8. #71 Martijn van Bommel - FDR Rocket
    9. #61 Rob Hermans - TBR Smile Power
    10. #30 Joao Borges - THR
    11. #33 Andy Moore - No Turn Unstoned
    12. #88 Roger Prikken - No Turn Unstoned
    13. #27 David Grönvalls - O-Sport
    14. #03 Ivanoy Brito - Endurance Karting Team
    15. #40 Marco Sbordoni - Italian Reckless Racing
    16. #37 Marius Neverauskas - Iron Curtain Racing
    17. #48 Philip Sprangers - Steffsen Racing Team
    18. #14 Fernando Silva - Playteam I
    19. #99 Luis Ace - Playteam I
    20. #20 Domingos Vaz - Playteam II
    21. #13 Ronny van Rooij - White Knockels Simracing
    22. #34 Loz Reid - O-Sport
    • Server 2: Qualifying (10min)
    Reserve for Server 1: -

#93 Lukasz Demolin - Iron Curtain Racing (reported absence)
    #32 Mike Bell - TBR Smile Power (reported absence)
    #97 Giorgio Russo - Team Stp (reported absence)
    #65 Frans van der Linden - White Knockels Simracing (reported absence)
    #79 Diego Battaglia - Italian Reckless Racing (reported absence)
    #70 Martin Kraaijenbrink - FDR Rocket (reported absence)
    #98 Gaetano Bellanca - Team Stp (reported absence)
    #25 Peter Beres - Playteam II (reported absence)

Drivers who did not show up two times are removed from the league and would have to sign in again to be allowed to drive. We are considering reducing to only 1 server depending on absence reports. Expect more information about that during next week.

We expect to see ALL drivers on race day, joining at least in official first qualification segment (training 1). If you can not attend the event please use the absence report in the information & discussion thread so that we have the opportunity to reorganise the servers.

Please have a look before the event which server you are in. Changes can follow,you will also be notified via PM.

Good Luck to all of you!
  3. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Practice server is ONLINE :cool:
    I have re-installed the mod and skin pack on the server. If you had errors in the last round, we strongly recommend that you delete the mod and skins and do a clean install:
    Delete the following folders:

...Steam\SteamApps\common\race 07\GameData\Teams\Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup
    and

...Steam\SteamApps\common\race 07\GameData\Talent\Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup

(delete only the Porsche folders)

Then download the current skin pack again from the link in the first post and extract to:

...Steam\SteamApps\common\race 07
  4. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

race control: both races 18 laps
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Info for all: You allowed to drive over the white line with all 4 wheels on this special track but if there is a curb you need ofcourse to stay with two wheels on it.
  7. Tobias Tannreuther Licensed Driver

Summary ---> :(

after 5 laps of the race i got blackscreens... and after having the second black screen within 20sek i decided to stop the race and hoping the problem will solve for Race2 by closing some backround processes on my PC.
    While still getting black screens in the pits, without even watching the race (just the timetable), it made no sense for me to keep up trying for race two... otherwise i would have been just a problem for other drivers.

I don't know what caused the problem... the temperatures in my core were ~55°C (load of core #1 was 80%) and the temperature of my graphics card was 45°C during the race...
    I just realized while racing that my ping was going up and down...
    Maybe my PC had a problem with the track?
    Driving on other tracks offline and online made no problems :(

Wish all of you a nice second race ;)
  8. Joao Borges Licensed Driver

Well, that was a mixed event. First of all, I would like to apologize to whoever I scared at the start of Race 1. I have been trying to do standing starts with clutch, and usually without clutch, I start on Neutral and shift to 1st when green comes, and this time I had clutch floored and 1st and when the race starts I shift to 2nd. I am used to shift at start and forgot I was already on 1st gear. Dumb me! :p

Also, I want to apologize to Hugo Barbosa. He hit me when I accidentally double shifted. Sorry mate :(. I keep messing up your races, I just don't know why.

I was getting double shifts quite often on Race 1. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then, my dad told me, "try driving without wearing the gloves". I wear gloves so I don't ruin the leather on my GT3 RS. :D I decided to do Race 2 without gloves, and BINGO, had no double shifts. Weird... :confused: Maybe the gloves were touching the paddles too much and causing double shifts. It hasn't happened before, that's why it's weird... I will have to do more testing.

Race Report:

Q: Totally unexpected. I think I was 2nd or 3rd, don't remember. I wasn't expecting to be up there with the aliens. I was aiming at 8th-10th.

R1: Horrible start like I mentioned before. Then, tons of double shifts and lots of spinning. Finished 10th.

R2: What a start! :eek: Clutch really works when you do it well. :p Went into T1 very carefully, and I think I was 8th after a few turns. Kept a consistent pace, had some good battles with Rob, Hugo, Bommel. Went safe in the pits and put 4 tires. I noticed pretty much everyone had put 2 tires. Finished 5th and I was really happy with it considering how bad R1 went.

This was great racing, these cars are so entertaining, and the track was great as well. ;) Congrats to the winners!
  9. Jakob de Boer Licensed Driver

This was a very hard track to drive fast! We trained hard and it payed out!.

Qualy: i had a very clean lap and did a pb 2 05.7! Pole.

Race 1: Hugo had a better start and took the first corner as first. We fought the whole race long. I was a bit quicker but couldnt overtake easy. As it is my teammate i didnt do a risky overtake. We pulled a massive gap with the rest and i was happy to finish 2nd.

Race 2 : i was a messy start. Lots of contact left and right. Going into the first corner there was more contact. There was a small gap where i could push through. Following Miguel the first lap, we decided to do a early stop. This didnt work out that well , but i was worth the gamble. It was a very eventfull overtaking race. Where i was happy to finish again 2nd

Overall scored some good points!
    Cant wait for the next round at old park!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Hugo Barbosa Licensed Driver

No problem João "s*#*# happens", just I think that the contact was when you were recovering from a spin and try to went backwards in the moment I was passing by :D.

Anyway was a bad race overall with all sort of problems and incidents, sorry for anyone that I touched also I remember Andy Moore, because my car suddenly went to the left in a braking point, because the brakes didn't work at same temperatures in both sides and also Rob Hermans when we were in a good fight with Van Bommel, Hermans and Borges.

Congrats to my Team Mate for is win after I ruined is first race :( in a small tap that I wasn't able to avoid in his rear.

See you next round.
  11. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Not the best weekend for TBR after Tobias had to left :(. Myself struggled to get a lap together in Q1 and 2. But result starting from P6 was still not bad. This time i had more luck at start race 1 as i avaoid a bigger crash. Catched then Martijn and David and finished on podium. Jacob and Hugo had an incedible pace, lost every lap sure 3-4 tenth.

Race 2 i crashed Martijn who wasn't starting due personal problems as i heared :D . Ok, lost a few places but manage also to get some back and after Jacob and Hugo pit i was in P3 behind Rob. First i decided to make a 360° behind Rob, fortunately without loosing a position. Passed Rob but after stop had again Hugo and Jakob in front. Then it must looked like comedy. I passed Hugo, mistake and back behind. Passed Hugo again, mistake and again back behind :confused: but all good things are 3. After 3rd passing i stayed in front :). But this cost me much time which finally avoid me to catch also Jacob.

For all the mistakes two good results, hope i have next a better cockpit as my seat at my new place changed all the time a bit his position, annoyed me a bit. Must get an idea to fix that.

Btw, provisional standings are up:

http://www.simracingpro.com/forum/index.php?threads/standings-pmsc-s1.2116/#post-31606
  12. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.