[Jul 25, 2013] Touring Car Legends (Toyota... (Lakeside International Raceway/Silverstone '90)

Discussion in 'rFactor 1 - Events' started by Jonatan Åcerclinth, Jul 18, 2013.

Touring Car Legends (Toyota...
Lakeside International Raceway/Silverstone '90
Start Date: Jul 25, 2013 06:00 PM
End Date: Jul 25, 2013 08:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Event Format
    Practice: 1800 GMT
    Qualifying: 1900 GMT (Unlimited Laps)
    Warm-Up: 1920 GMT
    Race: 1925 GMT (20 Laps)
    End of event (Approximately): 2000 GMT

We can have several races in a row if people is enjoying themselves!

Server Settings
    Server Name: simracingpro.com TCL
    Mod: Touring Car Legends Main Mod (HERE), Sound Pack (HERE), Add-On Sounds *OPPTIONAL* (HERE) BMW 635 Fix (HERE)
    Track: Lakeside International Raceway (HERE), Silverstone '91 (HERE)
    Flag Rules: Black Only
    Fuel Usage: Normal
    Tire Usage: Normal
    Mechanical Failures: Normal
    Type of Start: Standing with Formation Lap
    Damage Multipler: 100%
    In-Game Race Start Time: 13:00
    Race Time Scale: Normal
    Fixed Setups: No
    Fixed Upgrades: No

Game Assists
    Traction Control: Disallowed
    Auto Clutch: Allowed
    Anti-Lock Braking: Disallowed
    Stability Control: Disallowed
    Auto Shifting: Disallowed
    Steering Help: Disallowed
    Braking Help: Disallowed
    Invulnerability: Disallowed
    Auto Pit Stop: Disallowed
    Opposite Lock: Disallowed
    Spin Recovery: Disallowed

Other Notes
    - You must be a licensed member to take part in this event.
    - Be very careful on the opening lap. Brake very early to avoid other cars as you will have cold brakes and cold tyres.
    - The main funnel points at Lakeside is T1-2 and 4. After that it should have panned out into single line.
    - The main funnel points at Silverstone is T1 and 3. After that it should have panned out into single line.
    - You can find the SRP Teamspeak details: (HERE)
    - SRP Racing Rules: (HERE)
    See you on track!
  2. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

The reason for there being 2 tracks is that Silverstone is a lot easier to drive than Lakeside if you aren't used to the cars. We will use the track that you guys want to use for this event from these two tracks.

I myself, although I've been driving the TCL cars a lot as I love the GroupA Touring Car era, find that it is a lot more fun driving these cars on tracks that offer a challange, especially as the cars can be very hard to control when you begin driving with them.

The second thing is that you will need the main Mod, the Sound Pack and the 635 Fix (big thank you to Alberto Ibanez, a member of another forum that has created the fix allowing for racing with the BMW 635 online) to be able to take part in the TCL events. The Add-On Sounds are strictly Cosmetic but gives the mod more life by updating a few sounds making it more life-like to drive the different cars.

I hope that we will be able to have a lot of events with this mod as it is extremely good. The first few events will be one make events only to let people try out the different cars in racing situations and then we will incorporate different combinations as we move forward. At some track the cars differ greatly with what pace they can be driven at while at others, like Lakeside, you can drive all the car within .4 of a second to eachother.

I hope to see you all on track with these "monsters" and that you will all enjoy the Mod and racing it will provide :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Entry List:

To join this event, post a comment below with an intention to race.

1. Jonatan Åcerclinth
    2. Lars Brugman

Reserves

1. Andy Breedon
  4. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

I'll be there and sorry for the lack of events for a few weeks. Been having relatives visiting all over this summer for the first time in 5 years so haven't had time to host events but now it has all cooled down and it's time for another go.

Hope to see many sign up for this :)
  5. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Track downloads added. If you took part in the F1 '91 event at Silverstone you will allready have the track in your F1 rF install.

If you are unsure what to do with any of the files just ask in the thread or send me a PM and we'll sort any troubles out :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

All files to get the mod up and working is available for downloading now in the opening post. Same as with the track files, if you are uncertain just send me a PM or ask in the thread :)
  7. Ethan Bass Licensed Driver

Would my old WTM install work?
  8. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

No, I don't think so as it isn't the same mod. The WTM mod is a version of the TCL mod that has eased out the differences in pace which the TCL mod have as it is more Life like in that manner of speaking.
  9. Lars Brugman Licensed Driver

Sign me up Jonatan!
  10. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Welcome to the rFactor events Lars, I hope you'll enjoy yourself :)

I'll put the server up before or after the Mini Challange League event tonight dependent on how quickly I can download all the files on the server itself.

EDIT:

Server will be up within 20 minutes, just waiting for the track download to finish. Both tracks will be added onto the server so you can give each one a try online :)
  11. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Server is up! :)

All Corolla Levins are available. Will be trying to remember to change track or send me a message at some point and I can change the track on the server in case there isn't enough people on the server to change track :)

Enjoy yourself now, I'll be hoping for more sign ups :)
  12. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

13. Bradley Vanian Licensed Driver

I would actually join but I can't race Thursdays D:
  14. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Would moving it to Friday work for better for everyone?

Really want more people to get the chance to try these cars :)
  15. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Sorry, there's an even already scheduled for Friday. This is just a bad week for me: 3 birthdays (including my own!) as well as my 9th wedding anniversary = no time for racing. :(
  16. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Many happy returns Rob and congratz with your anniversary.
  17. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Happy Birthday Rob and many happy returns on your anniversary :)
  18. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

40-Ahem! Cheers guys...I knew I shouldn't have mentioned that! :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Lars Brugman Licensed Driver

I don't mind racing with 3, could still be fun in these great cars :)
  20. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Very true Lars, let's hope that Andy will be available to race with us :)

By the way, which track do you guys prefer, Lakeside or Silverstone?