Interest in RSRBR 2015

Discussion in 'Other Driving Simulations' started by Oscar Hardwick, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Oscar Hardwick Licensed Driver

Hi guys.

Was wondering who, if anyone here runs or would like to run some Richard Burns Rally stuff at some point.

- Oscar.
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'm afraid despite this sim's reputation for awesome realism and excellent physics, I personally don't like driving only against the clock. I admire the skill it takes to control the car, like the look of the cars themselves, the history, the glamour which accompanies the championship, etc...everything except the driving itself!
    You might try hitting up Jonatan Åcerclinth, he has posted some RBR vids in THIS THREAD and on his YT channel.

:cool:
  3. Oscar Hardwick Licensed Driver

I am very much the other end of that. I love driving rallies, I think it is more of a rush and far more challenging than on a circuit. I mean if you end up in a ditch on a rally stage I can't just blame another driver :D

No I figured I have some pretty fun ideas for running stuff in RBR and you obviously don't have the server costs of other sims. Figured it might be an idea worth bouncing off of a forum of sim racers.
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well, hit up JÅ and see if you can get something going with him. :)
  5. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

In the past, Guy organized some RBR races, with very little (less than 5?) drivers joining the rally in a week. Haven't tried it myself, but driving alone doesn't entertain me anyway.
  6. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Indeed...except Guy Moulton hasn't shown his face around here for over 12 months now. :/
  7. Thomas Alderton Licensed Driver

I know this is an old thread but I would be interested in some RBR but the game isn't widely available and isn't something I'd buy specifically now so would only download it illegally and last time I did that I couldn't find one that supported using the online mod that didn't involve using a torrent service which I'm against due to it being very dodgy software and bad experiences.
    Then again you are probably better at looking at Dirt Rally in my opinion a game that is going to be the new RBR and more realistic as driving a rally car isn't as hard as it is in RBR according to rally drivers. But then again I can't run that game decent enough so I'd be left out but I recommend it as a rally game.