General Discussion

Discussion in 'SV8M 2015 Info, Discussion & Downloads' started by Wayne Reed, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Niranjan Kumar Licensed Driver

I believe this championship is cancelled due to very small sign up...we didn't have any races ...or any official news
  2. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Indeed, we are still waiting for Wayne to return after his connection problems...we have had discussions via email, and his feeling was that we cannot host a league with so few drivers attending.
    I thought the GSC V8s were really popular, really disappointed with such a low level of interest. :(
  3. Thomas Alderton Licensed Driver

It's a shame, I think 8 racers battling it out will be better than nothing at all. Get youtube and maybe people talking about it and it could gain more drivers. GSCE is a popular game just look at the RD series they have running with 2 lobbies. This will get there at some point if we stick with it
  4. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I agree with you for the most part, Thomas. Unfortunately history shows us that leagues always have diminishing numbers of drivers as they progress through the season. Starting with such low numbers just means it will die a quick death before even getting half way.
    Yes, more promotion is always good. It requires more staff however, and it's very difficult to find people who would spend the time required to make videos, do broadcasts, etc. If you would like to consider such a role, contact Yuri Braham, Andy Breedon or myself and we'll set up an informal meeting. ;)
    Of course GSC is popular, it's damn good! :) But with respect, we're not RD and we simply don't have the numbers of active drivers which they have. "Sticking with it" requires the same kind of dedication as I mentioned above, and we simply don't have those resources.
  5. Thomas Alderton Licensed Driver

I understand what you mean. I don't know a quick fix to get numbers but I'm willing to help if I can although I do not have the capabilities to record and make videos of races nor have the programs or probably the PC requirements.
    However I am happy to help when I can with stuff. I have little experience of running things though. What if we re-brand the season, same tracks different cars? or same cars slightly different tracks?
    I don't know what to suggest and how to try and help with this one, it's one of those things about gaining members. It's a mystery.
  6. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes indeed. Some good ideas, thanks. I'm sure Wayne will be reading this at some point and will take those ideas on board. :)
  7. Norman Bruce Licensed Driver

Maybe Copa Petrobas De Marcas would be more popular, attract more interest ?
    I never understand the lack of interest in GSCEx, it's not just here that it happens.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Thomas Alderton Licensed Driver

I'm up for any racing on this game. We can progress onto other cars in other seasons.
    I do think if we can get 10 of us or so that we know will compete for the whole season then I'd like to give it a go.
    I think GSCE lack of interest is down to the car choice but that doesn't faze me. Could even try a Mini Season because that could be fun!
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Daniel, I'm afraid this league has been postponed indefinitely. It seems to have just been abandoned by the organiser, as he's leaving it to me to post these replies. Perhaps we will see a new league in GSCX starting up in the future. The signup thread has now been renamed and locked so it doesn't mislead people.

I apologise on Wayne Reed's behalf.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Thomas Alderton Licensed Driver

Because of this I am willing to help organise a season on GSCE if I can get the same sort of numbers we had sign up to the one that got postponed. I'm happy to run the season with a minimum of 8 drivers.
    I have no experience with this game and have no experience at organising a season but it can't be that hard. :)
    I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to join this if the organisers let me help them run this season. :)
  11. Wayne Reed SRP League Organiser

Events and leagues will be back up in July. Sorry For not much posting going on from me but I have some personal things going on that need to be sorted first.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Thomas Alderton Licensed Driver

I understand. I hope things all sort out soon. I'm sure most of us have had family or real life problems and that we had the same support from others so you have my backing. See you on track in July roughly then.
    My offer still stands though, if you want help running the season in some shape or form, I'll do my best to help.
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List