Formula Trucks!

Discussion in 'Other Driving Simulations' started by Andy Breedon, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Formula Trucks!
    [IMG]

Brazilian game developer Reiza Studios and KING TRUCK, promoters of brazilian Fórmula Truck series are happy to announce the development of a new Game title – “FÓRMULA TRUCK” for Windows - PC, the official simulator of the popular Brazilian Fórmula Truck series.
    FÓRMULA TRUCK” will feature the trucks competing in the current 2012 season and all 10 race tracks in the calendar. The game is being developed under Reiza´s uncompromising approach towards accurate simulation, in order to recreate as realistically as possible the experience of racing aboard the 5-ton, 1200 HP turbocharged super-trucks which compete in the series.
    FÓRMULA TRUCK” is in its final stages of development and a release date will be announced soon.

Further information on Reiza and its new title as it becomes available on www.reizastudios.com .
    More information on the Fórmula Truck series is available from www.formulatruck.com.br .

Who would join me in an awesomely exciting league here at simracingpro?
  2. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Am I the only one thinking like why don't they put this together with GSC or as an add-on? To me it seems to be the end of developing GSC, not sure I like that
  3. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Yep i agree, though so far it does seem to come across as standalone and if it is ill be very disappointed.
  4. Jim Cole Licensed Driver

I think with Reisa's current decisions to only make series and tracks from their location, the sims are limited anyways unless others mod them. I would imagine that is part of the reason for the low cost to get into GSC 2012 and now Formula Truck.
  5. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

F Trucks wants to be a tenner and no more to be honest Jim, anymore and oh dear.
  6. Vinicius Ferreira Licensed Driver

Guys its different games because of license apllications.

Here in brazil, there is a big fight beetween "formula truck" and "stock car" for the best national race championship

both are very popular here.

they prefere to not have a game, instead of "share" the same game

dont blame reiza on that.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Lars Brugman Licensed Driver

Website is up and you can pre-order now!
    www.gameformulatruck.com .

The Game is available for pre-order. Buy now, get a discount, receive your Serial Number and be ready to race the big guys!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Jim Cole Licensed Driver

Well Andy, it appears that F Truck will be a little more than a tenner.
  9. Simon Gardner Licensed Driver

I've decided to take the plunge and buy this, GSC was so much fun I can't wait to try these for something a little different. Spent so many hours playing Super Trucks on PS2 :)

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Will look forward to this but ill wait for the further discount :)

Lets see tho how many would buy it? Hows about i try and get a deal for bulk keys? Who knows!
  11. Aaron Channer Licensed Driver

I'd buy it. It's only £14.

Gonna wait for feedback 1st though.
  12. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Down to 14 quid? That is better but what concerns me is the price paid for gsc and the content within it, this around same price but less content.

also assuming thats it for gsc content. Not a bad price but for me no rush btcc to focus on.

Though if this rocks a league is must. :)
  13. Andy Reed Licensed Driver

Simon, a video would be great when you get the game
  14. Simon Gardner Licensed Driver

No problem Andy ;)
  15. Andy Reed Licensed Driver

I watched a live stream of this Yesterday, the interface looks better than GSC, but that might just be me :)
    The only mager issues i saw was the fact that it took a lot longer to load the tracks than GSC, but then it also depends on PC Specs!!
    But the actual game itself, did look very good. I only saw a VW truck, so i cant really comment on them :(

But overall, it loks like a good investment and i can actually see a league with these too. So for me it seems a good game for the value..
  16. Andy Reed Licensed Driver

For those that have not heard the latest news on Forumal Trucks.

It has finally been released as the full game. Reiza Formula Trucks
    I am going to download the demo it see if it is actually worth the hassle, even though the price is around £16:00, So it is a cheap game, but it depends on the actual content you get for your money :)...

I am sure that the gameplay will be as good if not better than GSC, but again time will tell :)
  17. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Well i was looking forward to this, but like i thought, it is overpriced for what it is imho, i hope it is good though Andy so keep us informed.
  18. Eric Stranne Licensed Driver

Agree with Andy, far too expensive for what it delivers. Just new cars should go for a SimBin expansion price, not triple one of those.
  19. Andy Reed Licensed Driver

I have downloaded and tested Formula Trucks.
    After looking at the tracks and trucks, i now feel that this is over-priced, @£16 the content is no way near as good as GSC, but i do feel that this should have been priced around £6-£10. unless they are looking at adding extra content as they have done with GSC.

The actual game-play, well loading up a track is way longer than GSC, but when you get to actually drive the lorries, then it is a differnet thing. The amount of power that these have, From a stand still in 2nd these will still wheelspin, So these do need a soft touch in accelerating. But in saying that when you gas it, it does take a few seconds for the game to react, why this is not sure. I can't comment on the FFB as i did not mess around. the graphics are the same as GSC, so again nothing new,

I did have a look at the setups, and again these can be changed but limited as GSC..

SO would i buy this game at £16 no, but insaying that thses would be great for a full league, as the Tracks are good mixture.

All i would say is if you are looking to buying this game, then i would reccommend that you download the trial 1st. But beawre that you only get 60 mins. which tbh you should be limited to 1 or 2 tracks and and couple of trucks for unlimited trial.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. Vinicius Ferreira Licensed Driver

Andy 1st and 2nd gear have the same ratio, so you can skip 1st, you start at 2nd, and you should use only 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, never go below 3rd
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List