DTM S2 Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'DTM Season 2 (finished)' started by Andy Breedon, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

2. Kyle Kaiser Licensed Driver

Will we be sticking to 60 minute races?

Will we get to choose either the Merc or the Audi?
  3. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

All races will be around 55-65 mins.

Yes all drivers will have the choice of either car for the whole season, there is still a possibility of a BMW.
  4. Andy Reed Licensed Driver

When will the league actually be starting please?

Also will skins be allowed, or do we stick to stock skins?
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yo Reedy! :)
    Answer to your first question is in the Race day poll thread:
    Answer to your second question is: yes, drivers are encouraged to make custom skins (although the submission thread is not open yet). Look at THIS POST for the Audi & Merc templates...BMW might be included, but I'm not sure where to get a template for that yet.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Once we know we can use the BMW in the mod and have a league mod created then i will release the template for the BMW, as nothing is set in stone yet that we will be using the BMW.
  7. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Small update, i have permission to use the bmw and mod it accordingly, Hoping a good friend will help us put it together etc and all being well we will have a bmw. :)
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

How will you decide who gets which car if the limit for one model is reached?
  9. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

The limit for the BMW Has already been reached, we are -2 on them.

The car choices are first come first served. However, if at the end of the league there are more drivers wanting the bmw than audi/merc I will arrange suitably again on a first come first served ruling, but this will only be done to help teams, not individual drivers.

A case of juggling around the best we can minus those who choose the only 7 bmw available etc, though I will maintain a good balance of the cars or this may as well be called the bmw cup and I won't allow that. :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Diego Battaglia Licensed Driver

I tried, yesterday, for the first time the lastest mod with Audi. I don't know if there is an issue or not but when exiting from a corner, the car seems still under brake. Then when the brake seems to be released. throttle is too much responsive on initial pedal excursion.
  11. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Hi Diego,
    Thanks for the feedback, nothing has changed from the original mod other than how the mod has been packaged and changes to the gearing and fuel amounts, nothing more.

I feel this may help, but i need you to try it or anyone else that is fine, i am on a nightshift tonight no time for me to test.

Go to GameData\Teams\T2L_Addons\DTM2010

make a back up of the LMT_DTM.grb file and replace it with this.. www.dropbox.com/s/tf9pvyypzjzepf9/LMT_DTM.grb

Please let me know how it feels.
  12. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

13. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Ok we are looking into this problem.

I have to state that no physics have been altered within this mod, the audi and merc are the same as before, there could be 2 or 3 factors that may have made the difference. You ARE racing the dtm2010 from t2l.

1, the mod has always been different to drive per track as the mod itself holds grip levels for certian tracks and is safe to assume if we race on a track not defined in the mod the grip will be different.

2, 1 combined with 2 possibly, that when we opened up the gears the gear ratios maybe set different to how they were default, so maybe that is why you are struggling a little.

If i cant find that either 1 or 2 are the case i will look further into this.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Uhm so is there an updated file now? Or still driving an old one (which one, is it equal to the last event?). I think I'm getting lost :p.
  15. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Ok the last event version of the mod was last posted above by me in two parts, this was the version we used for mugello before we opened up the gears.
  16. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Tbh the easier way of switching mod would be to install the GRB file i linked above. as it is the only change we have made to the mod that could effect the car.
  17. Jonatan Åcerclinth Licensed Driver

Any idea of when the templates will be released? :)

I know there is a few changes that, at least that you told me of recently, that you'll be wanting to do to them, but I still ask as I want to know how long I will have to get a livery done :oops:
  18. Norman Bruce Licensed Driver

I've had problems getting Race 07 to run due to Steam messing up the folder structure. I uninstalled the lot and re-installed just Race 07 and GTR Evo as I understand it this will be enough for me to take part ( I have all the extensions and will install any others if necessary )
  19. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Yes, the mod only requires R07 and GTR-E to run. The conversion works quite well (unlike the last time they tried it), but it doesn't move the UserData folder in Documents to the new location (usually Race 07 INSTALL 2), so do that manually. Then when you load the game for the first time, check the graphics settings before launching (Video and Language options in Steam). Once in the game, select options and load your profile. That way you shouldn't have to set up all your controls again.
  20. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

The bmw templates is still being worked on then i have to add the mandatory logos and then done, time frame i can guess at before next week starts.

Yes Norman we have all had issues and think i am correct to say yes they should be the only two add ons required.
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.