DTM S2 (5/01/14) Round 7 - Montreal GP

Discussion in 'DTM Season 2 (finished)' started by Andy Breedon, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

[IMG]

Season Format
    Race day: Sunday 5th January

Practice Server - "simracingpro.com DTM P"
    Race Server - "simracingpro.com DTM R"
    • Each round contains practice sessions which we will use as if qualifying in stages, warm-up and mixed race formats.
    Practice Server
    Practice 2: Server will be open after the end each round. (Practice Server is shut down 5 mins before Q1)

Race Server
    Practice 1: 19:55pm GMT - 5 mins (this is used to give all drivers time to enter the server)
    Qualifying 1: 20:00pm GMT - 15 mins (Open, practice 2 session)
    Qualifying 2: 20:15pm GMT - 5 mins (Top 3 Superpole)
    Warm up: 20:20pm GMT - 5 mins
    Race/s: 20:25pm GMT - 1 x 38 Laps (60 Mins approx)
    • All rounds will run approximately 1 hour & 30 mins.
    Race Start
    Standing.

Pitstops
    Mandatory Pitstop, at least 2 tyres. (Except rounds 3 & 6 there is no pitstops required).

Weather
    Dry.

Important Information
    If your name is on the entry list you are expected to turn up for the event.
    If you don't, you will be reported as absent. (Absence reports shall be used for reference in any future or current leagues you have entered and may result in you being refused entry into future leagues.)

Reserves
    Reserves can sign up by posting a message in this thread using the form below. You must stay in your chosen car throughout all races and read all the rules below before signing up.
    • SRP Rules & Regulations can be found Here.
    • DTM S2 Specific Rules & Regulations can be found Here.
    IMPORTANT
    UPDATED track file: Montreal_GP.gdb
    (extract to ...race 07\GameData\Locations\Montreal_GP\)

Alternatively re-download the updated track (delete previous version): montreal.rar
  2. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Welcome to Montreal!

To score any points you must complete 75% of this race, laps for each round will differ.

Laps to be completed to score

28 laps

Drivers

Car: Mercedes
    1.Kevin Vaassen
    2.Norman Bruce
    3.Luis Ace
    4.Loz Reid
    5.Pedro Ferreirinha
    6.Jonas Orfelt drive-thru penalty to be served within 3 laps.
    7.Chris Shepherd
    8.Carlos Borges
    9.Tony Matthews

Car: Audi
    10.Geoffrey Fournier
    11.Andy Breedon
    12.Gaetano Bellanca
    13.Robert Wiesenm├╝ller (New Entrant)
    14.Bjorn de Haas
    15.Patrick Wuyts
    16.Dariusz Wielgosz
    17.David Slee
    18.Aaron Channer

Car: BMW
    19.Kyle Kaiser
    20.Roger Prikken
    21.Andy Moore
    22.Chris Dark
    23.Andy Vandevelde
    24.Davy Vandevenne
    25.Jonatan ├ůcerclinth

Reserve Drivers
    Marius Neverauskas

Absent
    Removals:
    Tobias Olsson (removed from the league)
  3. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Note: After the race is finished, "Do NOT leave the server until after all of the results are published by race07".

Here we are at Montreal :D, server is up and running, penalties look to be finished later in the week.
  4. Dariusz Wielgosz Licensed Driver

May I ask why am I not on the entry list?
  5. Kevin Vaassen SRP Moderator

Probably because Andy made a mistake, he gave your spot back to Alexey Rublevsky? I assume Andy made a mistake when copying the entry list, I think you still got that spot ;)
  6. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

IMPORTANT info added to the top post, please read and download the edited file (or edit yourself, instructions included).

You will not be able to join the server without making the change.
  7. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Just a mistake Dariusz you are in the league.
  8. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

whats with the new track and how many laps top it say race 28 laps

lower it say lasp to complet to score 28 ?????
  9. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Read and ye shall find ;)
  10. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

year but what does it change m8
  11. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

The only way to get it working before this change was to run TWO tracks in the dedi server...not too much of a problem in practice, but that could cause issues for the race sessions.
    The added line "IGAID=64" was needed for ALL tracks for multiplayer use after a certain Steam update some years back. Check out the .gdb of another (more recent) track, you'll see that line in there.
  12. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I don't know what you mean Jonas, it says 38 laps in the top post. [IMG]
  13. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Just changed the info regarding track. Can I just add that mine is layed out in the following way.....

Montreal_GP
    {
    IGAID=64
    Filter Properties = Montreal_GP

As you can see there is a "space" before the text; Filter Properties = Montreal_GP

Everything below this text has 1 space also. Not sure if this will cause problems if for some reason the space is removed.

EDIT: Once I posted this, the forum automatically removed the space.
  14. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Ok, I just followed the simple instruction of adding the extra line of text. I get booted as possible cheat. I will now delete track and fresh install from the new provided link.

EDIT: I did delete the space before the Filter Properties = Montreal_GP line just to see. Was still booted. I deleted track and used your new track link, now all is ok. ;) Might be an idea to just scrap telling people to change a file text line and just get all to delete track and re-install using the new link. ;)
  15. Chris Shepherd Licensed Driver

Ok, so after comparing the 2 .gdb files; one that I edited against the one in the new track link, I noticed that before the new line of text you asked us to put in, there is a space! You must have copied and paste the text from the file and the forum has removed that space like it did to me in the previous post. ;) So I think it will be an idea to just have an updated track link.
  16. Dariusz Wielgosz Licensed Driver

There is ready track with all that stuff updated Chris look closely! (Last Line). You have delete previous version though.
  17. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

[IMG] X3, Chris! :)

Thanks for testing that thing with the space, I did think about that, but I had too many other things to do before I could carry out that test. I removed the instructions to edit the file manually from the top post.
    Chris's point was that the editing instructions were incorrect, and would mislead people who wanted to use that method. Now, IF anyone reads the rest of the thread, they can use that method and it will work correctly for them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Dariusz Wielgosz Licensed Driver

Okay then, as long as the track works for everyone I'm okay with that ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Bjorn de Haas Licensed Driver

guys i cant join the server, im booted as possible cheat. a few days ago all was fine!! strange hmnzzzz
  20. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Not strange if you read the top post again (and the rest of the thread) before posting! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.