DTM S2 (13/10/13) Round 1 - Algarve

Discussion in 'DTM Season 2 (finished)' started by Andy Breedon, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

[IMG]
    Season Format
    Race day: Sunday 13th October

Practice Server - "simracingpro.com DTM P"
    Race Server - "simracingpro.com DTM R"
    • Each round contains practice sessions which we will use as if qualifying in stages, warm-up and mixed race formats.
    Practice Server
    Practice 2: Server will be open after the end each round. (Practice Server is shut down 5mins before Q1)

Race Server
    Practice 2: 19:55pm BST - 5 mins (this is used to give all drivers time to enter the server)
    Qualifying 1: 20:00pm BST - 15 mins (Open, practice 2 session)
    Qualifying 2: 20:15pm BST - 5 mins (Top 3 Superpole)
    Warm up: 20:20pm BST - 5 mins
    Race/s: 20:25pm BST - 36 Laps (60 Mins approx)
    • All rounds will run approximately 1 hour & 30 mins.
    Race Start
    Standing.

Pitstops
    Mandatory Pitstop, at least 2 tyres. (Except rounds 3 & 6 there is no pitstops required).

Weather
    Dry.

DTM S2 Algarve Track
    Important Information
    If your name is on the entry list you are expected to turn up for the event.
    If you don't, you will be reported as absent. (Absence reports shall be used for reference in any future or current leagues you have entered and may result in you being refused entry into future leagues.)
    Reserve's
    Reserves can sign up by posting a message in this thread using the form below. You must stay in your chosen car throughout all races and read all the rules below before signing up.
    • SRP Rules & Regulations can be found Here.
    • DTM S2 Specific Rules & Regulations can be found Here.
  2. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Welcome to Algarve!

To score any points you must complete 75% of this race, laps for each round will differ.

Laps to be completed to score
    27 laps

Drivers

Car: Mercedes
    1.Kevin Vaassen
    2.Norman Bruce
    3.Luis Ace
    4.Loz Reid
    5.Tobias Olsson
    6.Jonas Orfelt
    7.Chris Shepherd
    8.Carlos Borges
    9.Tony Matthews

Car: Audi
    10.Diego Battaglia
    11.Andy Breedon
    12.Gaetano Bellanca
    13.Giorgio Russo
    14.Bjorn de Haas
    15.Patrick Wuyts
    16.Alexey Rublevsky
    17.David Slee
    18.Aaron Channer

Car: BMW
    19.Kyle Kaiser
    20.Roger Prikken
    21.Andy Moore
    22.Chris Dark
    23.Andy Vandevelde
    24.Davy Vandevenne
    25.Jonatan Ã…cerclinth

Reserve Drivers
    Marius Neverauskas

Absent
  3. Marius Neverauskas Licensed Driver

4. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Nothing reported so far.
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

6. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

ok track cut rules ore will you look at it like the btcc, so two Wheels on track ore curb an any time. You can gain a lot here by taking chances with track cut warnings??
  7. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Cut rules are always the same, as written in the Rules and Regulations, unless otherwise specified. The rules say that you must obey the in-game cutting rules, but in addition: "You must keep two wheels on the track at all times. Kerbs are a part of the track." So keep at least 2 wheels inside the white lines where there's no kerb, and keep at least 2 wheels on the kerb if there is one.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Some spots may open if there is interest?
  9. Kyle Kaiser Licensed Driver

Hm, so in conclusion:

Nice shiny car + Pit Lane traffic lights = Not so nice shiny car.

:(
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Kyle Kaiser Licensed Driver

Good quali though got blocked a lot but not much can be done about that, could have gone quicker but these cars always feel different to me on different servers, was the same in season 1.

Race was fun, a bit bumpy and close at times, tried to keep my nose clean and managed to more or less up until I went to pit, forgot where the line was, went in WAY to quick locked up and ended up in the pit lights. :eek::p

Was laughing at it for about 5 mins after, then settled down to watch Patrick finish in 4th! Nicely done mate, good job you sorted that tyre wear out!
  11. Chris Dark Licensed Driver

Awful event for me. seem to lose 1.5 sec race pace after server change?
    Qually 5th which was ok.
    Race - made a decent start but got caught in some elese accedent which gave me susp damage. managed to climb up to 8th and was about to take patrick then my game minimized to tell me firefox had crashed (FML) when i went back in game i was in the barrier lol. eventually finished 9th.

I don't know if kyle is onto something with the server change. I was able to do 1.33.7 on race fuel. My best lap in the race was 1.35.0...?
  12. Norman Bruce Licensed Driver

Apologies Andy Moore for the bump on lap 2, you were a bit quicker on the brakes than me.

Had a bad qualifying, just could not find some space for a decent lap.
    Was a the back for most of the race swapped places with Giorgio Russo a few times before I eventually got a gap between us.
    When I pitted there was a car in my space so I lost some time, is it ok to drive in to the same space when the cars are in the pits ( are they ghost cars) so that both can pit at the same time.
  13. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

In RACE 07, there are no collisions possible with other cars in the pits, so yes, you should be able to drive into an occupied space and still get serviced...I think.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Jonas Orfelt Licensed Driver

I am don kicking my self for getting 2 S/G, had good race speed and was up to 8 from 16 when i driftet wide in t1, and since the game dont consitter that you the first time was forced wide bang stop and go. but in the ende only 1 place up from start to 15. Highlight off the race was passing bjorn on the outside on top off the hill :) thx for the room m8.
  15. Patrick Wuyts Licensed Driver

first congratz to podium and thanks to all people involving setting up this league.
    qualif: went as expected for me, 11th spot mid-pack, well behind teammate Kyle who got 6th place, well done buddy.
    race: start went ok for me, managed to move up a spot, after a few laps dug myself in after teammate Kyle protecting Awols rear end, lol.
    by that time we was running around 8th and 7th spot I think. had my work cut out defending my rear against first Chris Dark, later Andy and a few others.
    things went on like planned until pits stops, teammate Kyle went in at full speed, I was wondering? and he smacked in the pit lights trashing his beautiful BMW, race over for him, too bad Kyle.
    so went in next lap, watching carefully speed, perfect pit stop that seems to take forever, and out finding myself on p5 I think.
    just settling back in to race pace controlling position, after some time found myself on p4, near race end cant recall who atm but some one was trying to catch up and battle for 4 th spot. just controlled the pace and came in at p4.
    well done all finishers, for those that did not better luck next time.
    see you all on the next one
    thanks SRP and Andy great event
  16. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Results of round 1 have been posted. :cool:

EDIT: all results are provisional until made official by race control.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Chris Dark Licensed Driver

I presume I get a fair amount of points for most overtakes?

Looking back on it it was quite funny just how much went wrong that race so to finish 9th is not too bad.

Off to the next circuit I go :D
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

P: Well practice was really good, i was a good contender in the top 3 throughout the session and was looking strong in my race pace (shocking!).

Q1: 2nd place at the beginning along with some traffic as to be expected, dropping slowly down the list i tried to go out but got caught in an accident nothing could be done but i couldn't make another lap which i was sure i could have been 3rd but 4th is was happy days :).

Q2: Congrats :)

R: Made a place of the start into 3rd, feeling the pressure the rears where spinning a little leaving me to watch my behind with Davy for most of lap 1, Unfortunately Davy spun me into turn 2 on lap 2 back into 7th for a moment until i got knocked off track on turn 3 from Dark but i don't think he meant to, into 8th now.
    Somehow managed to overtake both Davy & Kyle although i suspect Davy may have been letting me by him, back into 6th and was looking a bit better at this early stage.
    The chase for that 3rd position back was on but not without a mistake that i had no realised until watching the replay i attempted to overtake Dark on turn 3 but when pulling out i slivered his back end with no feeling for me and no visual at the time to where or what happened to him , Sorry Chris.
    Lap 3 and 5th position, all looks well chasing Olsson down i managed to overtake him on the final corner as he left the door open fantastice into 4th? no actually, i did the inevitable and spun on turn 3 lol!!!!!! :(
    All the way back down to 11th! :mad: was hard to be behind some the slower drivers sorry for the love taps etc i really need to practice that more somehow.
    Worked me way thru the field bit by bit good race with Reid along with Wuyts for 6th place with Kaiser in the sights now on lap 14, i cuaght his back end in turn 4 and gave the place back straight away.
    Pit time and had a bad long pit as i hadn't set it up manually doh :eek: somehow patrick got the jump on me but i got passed Kaiser thanks to the light! Praise the Light :p Came out in 13th, lap by lap climbing thru undercuts, 6th it was lap 20 and the hunt was on again for wuyts and i did catch up until the tyres went off, wuyts seemed to have a good second part strategy. Happy as larry to get 5th after all that but i should have been 3rd, next time! :cool:
  19. Chris Dark Licensed Driver

Oh you did touch me :eek:. It felt like someone did but it seemed a few seconds before you went passed. I just presumed I lit up the rear. Sorry if I tapped you I honestly can't remember hitting you apart from when you got spun around on lap 2 and I had knowhere to go. I will watch the replay tonight :)
  20. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Well i didnt think i had during the race check it out its is beyond belief really its ok mate one of those things your a incar driver so its understandable for what happened.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.