Chit Chat

Discussion in 'PMSC Season 1 (finished)' started by Andreas Löffler, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Talk here about everything you like about the Porsche Supercup season 1 :cool:.
  2. David Grönvalls Licensed Driver

Will all the events be the same format? I saw the enduro test, is that just for the nordschleife race?
  3. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Yes, the league races R1-R9 will have the 2 race format. The endurance test is indeed only for the master of the ring special extra super event at the end of the season :D. The info about race lenght will give out before the Vitus test which will apply for the Nordschleife race but could fit a bit of course.
  4. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I'm looking forward to this - it'll be a nice change from touring cars. I have a question though: I tried to load in a blank skin (to see if it worked) and it doesn't show using 'traditional methods', by which I mean files in CustomSkins etc. How does one go about doing this correctly?
  5. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

I'm not sure about that yet Neil, I'll have a look at the template/mod and let you know when I get a chance.
  6. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

7. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

Thank you gentlemen :)
  8. Chris Dark Licensed Driver

Are these cars fixed or limited setups :(?
  9. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

I had a quick look and they are limited setups. Means, not changeable are the gears, the springs, front wing and the bump settings. All the rest from the setup (ARB, rear wing, tyre pressure, toe-in, caster, ...) are possible to change.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  10. Tobias Tannreuther Licensed Driver

I've driven this mod two years ago in a smaller german community and i have to say those races were awesome with these cars.
    It is kinda great to have a season as a cup with just one car and those little bit limited setups, because everybody has to handle almost the "same" car and everybody has to fit his driving style to this car.
    Will be awesome to see, which drivers get it right! And most of the time there are very close races with those mods. Because a faster lap time gains the driver, not any alien-setup :D
  11. Paulo Honorato Licensed Driver

Sorry, did not see what time practice 1 starts
  12. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

Racetime isn't still fix so far, so you couldn't find it :), but start of Race 1 will be around 20:00 to 21:00 CET (18:00 to 19:00 GMT and 19:00 to 20:00 BST :rolleyes: ). Training 1 starts then 50 min earlier. The CET time would also stay when time is changing from summer to winter.

Training 1: 30 min
    Training 2: 10 min (Top 10 from training 1 allowed taking part)
    Qualifying: 5 min (Top 5 from training 2 allowed taking part)
    Warm Up: 5 min

I wanted set the final time when the raceday poll ends (2nd august). Then i setup the first test race with the exact times to the Race Calendar.

But, preferences for start time can still be make, so i could consider them if its necessary.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Neil Rocks Licensed Driver

I'm really looking forward to this. I've not had a lot of time in murderous RWD cars - I fully expect to be Marussia-ing my way through the F1-style qualifying and generally being slow (but safe..!). I had a few quick laps last night, and my goodness, it actually does want to kill me. Particularly on the downshift. "Oh, next gear down, is it? Certainly sir, and you may enjoy it whilst cruising backwards through the scenery."
    Looks like it's time to start practising... any tips for a Porsche learner driver?
  14. Jakob de Boer Licensed Driver

This mod does not have the feature for custom skins. If you are making a custom skin , you need to put the dds file ïnside"the mod. So backup a body dds there and replace it with your own . keep the same name as it is in the mod. e.g.

go to your Race07 folder..MODNAME \GameData\Teams\Absolute Software Motorsports.

Here is the 09075ZZ_PORSCHE_997GT3RSR_BODY1.dds file. Make a backup of it :09075ZZ_PORSCHE_997GT3RSR_BODY1_org.dds
    Then put your skin file in here and rename it to 09075ZZ_PORSCHE_997GT3RSR_BODY1.dds.
    The driver off this car is : "L. Beirão da Veiga" start up game , look up driver , and there should be your skin .
    Same goes for the windows etc.

Now the plan for this Mod will be to replace all the skins , with the custom skins everyone is making.
    also you will be able to select different color rims ( like we did with the VW_Cup mod ).
    Bare in mind this will take some time to complete all, more info will come how and what.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. Andy Breedon SRP Manager

Please can with have the real porky sounds back from the orig t2l mod ;p
  16. Jakob de Boer Licensed Driver

what do you mean with original , i think the PMSC was before the t2l mod, so imo , pmsc is the original :)
  17. Rob Hermans SRP Manager

Well you see, it's like your favourite James Bond: whichever one you see first is your favourite and is considered to be the original, the definitive version, etc. :)
  18. Andreas Löffler SRP League Organiser

There go already some rumours around the paddock i see :). And indeed Porsche may bring us a new engines (only regarding the sound), already for the preseason test in Jerez, exclusive for the upcoming PMSC championship.
    Racedirection confirmed: "Test are there to test something, but we wanna work near to the drivers. So, there response will give finally the drirection what will applied."
  19. Hugo Hekkenberg Licensed Driver

I can help you with thisone Jakob, i still know the trick :)
  20. Hugo Hekkenberg Licensed Driver

DO NOT TOUCH THE PORSCHE MOBIL 1 MOD.........

LOL
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.